Get recognition for your students: Nov. 18 is the deadline to enter our 2016 Yearbook Contest!

Our annual competition honors the best in Illinois yearbooks. A year's worth of hard work deserves to be celebrated — enter your book to be a part of it!

August 20, 2016

What an exciting time, as fall delivery yearbooks start arriving at high schools. It’s fun to watch students and faculty pore over the pages, looking for their pictures or reminiscing about events and issues from the past year.

Our annual yearbook contest honors and celebrates the best in those high school yearbooks, focusing on yearbook elements such as photos, design, graphics and theme development.

And just as your readers get a feel for the year by looking at the book, so do judges, as they determine which books do a good job of covering the school year in its entirety or reporting on sports.

Click here to download the entry form to our 2016 Yearbook Contest. The postmark deadline to enter your 2015-16 book is Nov. 18.

You compete against schools with similar enrollments, and an overall winner is named in each enrollment division. Individual winners are selected in the following categories:

• Best Layout and Design
• Best Copy Writing
• Best Divider Pages
• Best Photography
• Best Graphics
• Best Sports Coverage
• Best Theme Development
• Best Coverage of School Year

And a Best Overall Yearbook winner is named!

With your IJEA membership, this contest is free, as one contest entry is free with membership. (For example, if you also advise newspaper, our spring contest, the entry fee for the newspaper contest will be $10.)

So, remember to put one book aside to enter our yearbook contest.

The postmark deadline is Nov. 18. For more information, contact Sally Renaud at [email protected] or 217-581-6003.

If you missed the results of the previous year’s competition, check out former winners here.