Congratulations to our 2022 Newspaper & Digital News winners!

May 10, 2022

Facing one challenge after another, Illinois high school journalists and their advisers truly rose to the occasion during the 12 months covered by the 2022 IJEA Newspaper & Digital News Media Contest.

In recognition of the outstanding work that Illinois scholastic journalists produced from March 2021 to March 2022, including but not limited to coverage of COVID-19 and its impact on their school communities, we are proud to announce the following winners of the 2022 IJEA Newspaper & Digital News Media Contest:

Division 1 | Enrollment up to 999

D1 Individual Winners
D1 Best Publication Winners

Division 2 | Enrollment 1,000 to 1,949

D2 Individual Winners
D2 Best Publication Winners

Division 3 | Enrollment 1,950 to 2,299

D3 Individual Winners
D3 Best Publication Winners

Division 4 | Enrollment 2,300 to 2,899

D4 Individual Winners
D4 Best Publication Winners

Division 5 | Enrollment 2,900 and Over

D5 Individual Winners
D5 Best Publication Winners

Please note the following:

1. We will revise this page with links to each winning entry. We realize that students and advisers are nearing the end of their school year, and we didn’t want to delay the release of the winners’ names any further. So the lists we are currently publishing do not yet include those links. (MAY 15 UPDATE: We had hoped to add the entry links by May 15, but we will need another week to 10 days to complete this.)

2. We will send judges’ comments to individual advisers so they can pass them along to their students. (MAY 15 UPDATE: We have sent comments to all advisers. If you haven’t received comments for your students, please contact Linda Jones, IJEA executive director, at [email protected])

3. We will send digital certificates to advisers for distribution to their award-winning students. (MAY 15 UPDATE: We still expect this to be done by May 20.)

Congratulations to all of our winners — and to everyone who competed! You make us proud to be associated with Illinois scholastic journalism!

Publication montage created by Dave Porreca, CJE. Featured clockwise from top left: Glenbrook South’s Oracle, University of Chicago Lab’s U-High Midway, Lyons Township’s Lion, Washington Community’s The Advocate, Prospect’s The Prospector and Downers Grove South’s Blueprint.

Illinois JEA • Copyright 2022 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Illinois JEA Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published.